Building skills and friendships
At MidCoast Assist, we aim to transform the lives of participants by helping them to build new skills, develop life-long friendships, and to enjoy an independent lifestyle.
We do this through a unique range of activities designed to cater for everyone’s interests. And by linking with organisations, businesses and colleges, there’s so much to choose from. Some of our current activities include:
- Classes in photography, drama, music, cooking and art
- Staying fit and active through Zumba, Gym, Ten Pin Bowling, Sailing, Horse-riding, Surf awareness and Squash
- Gaining work skills and volunteering
- Building skills to live independently and providing personal care
- Social nights, movies, karaoke, shows and concerts
- Group activities for women, men, youths and children
- We also organise cruises, weekends away and other events
As well as having fun and taking home some great memories, you’ll build skills that promote independence and boost confidence. Call our friendly team on 1300 65 88 30 or contact us online to find out how you can get involved.
And because we focus on experiences that transform the lives of participants and their carers, we’re always looking to add new activities. Let us know if you have any great ideas!
How much will the activities cost?
Some of our activities have costs that are not covered by your NDIS funding. For these activities you’ll be asked to pay, generally $5 per daily activity, unless it’s a one-off event. You will see the cost associated with each activity on the two-monthly calendar. Your service agreement with us will have a schedule of supports listing the activities you choose to participate in, and our staff will discuss this with you when you sign your agreement.
Check back here soon for our latest calendar of activities, or contact our team for more information.